Information on Azerbaijan-Bhutan Bilateral Relations
The diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Bhutan were established on February 7, 2013.
High level relations:
- The Prime Minister of Bhutan, Tshering Tobgay congratulated Artur Rasizade, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the New Year on December, 2015.
High level bilateral visits:
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev presents his credentials to Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk, King of Bhutan, on August 7, 2014. I.Hajiyev called on the Speaker of the National Assembly Tshogpon Jigme Zangpo, Acting Prime Minister Damcho Dorji, Foreign Secretary Yesey Dorji, Finance secretary Lam Dorji.
- Mr. Namgay Dorji, Finance Minister visited Baku on May 2-5, 2015 to participate in the 48th Annual General Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- The Government of Azerbaijan expressed its gratitude to the Government of Bhutan for the support of the candidature of Azerbaijan to the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for the term of 2017-2019 on June 14, 2016.
Cooperation in humanitarian field:
- S.Wangdi from Bhutan travelled to Azerbaijan on July 10-20, 2016, as a winner of competition "What do I Know about Azerbaijan" held by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan.
Bilateral Agreements between two countries:
There is no bilateral agreement.