Information on Azerbaijan-India Bilateral Relations
Brief historical information:
India recognized the state independence of Azerbaijan on December 26, 1991. The diplomatic relations between two countries were established on February 28, 1992.
High level relations:
- The President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev expressed his condolences to the President of India Pranab Mukherjee in connection with the death of former President of the Republic of India, eminent state and scientific personality Abdul Kalam on July 28, 2015.
- The President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev congratulated Pranab Mukherjee , the President of the Republic of India on the occasion of the country's national holiday- Republic Day on January 22, 2016.
- The President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev expressed his gratitude for congratulations to the President of the Republic of India Pranab Mukherjee on the occasion of the national holiday- Republic Day on June 21, 2016.
High level bilateral visits:
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the President of India and Jawaharlal Nehru, the Prime Minister of India visited Azerbaijan in 1956 and 1961 respectively.
- N. Dayal, Secretary of Ministry of External Affairs ofIndiaand A. Sen, Joint Secretary visitedAzerbaijanin February 1998.
- T. Zulfugarov, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan met his Indian counterpart S.Singh on September 14, 1999 in Alma Ata at the Sidelines of the meeting of foreign ministers of member countries of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence – Building Measures in Asia (CICA).
- R.M. Abhyankar, Secretary MEA ofIndiavisitedAzerbaijanon October 17-19, 2001 and December 4-6, 2003.
- Mani Shankar Aiyar, the Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas, led a delegation of executives from the oil and gas industry to Baku on June 9-10, 2005. He was received by Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- A. Alekpreov, the Minister of Finance of Azerbaijan visited India on January 9-12, 2006.
- Jairam Ramesh, the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry visited Azerbaijan on April 10-12, 2007.
- Huseyngulu Baghirov, the Minister for Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan, co-chair of the Inter-Governmental Commission (IGC) visited India on November 16, 2009.
- Vagif Sadigov, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan visited India on December 1-5, 2009 to participate in a Seminar dedicated to the 20th Anniversary of Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Azerbaijan and India.
- Justice (Retired) B.C. Patel, Member, NHRC led a delgation of Yasmeen Abrar, Acting Chairperson, National Commission of Women (NCW) and Dipa Dixit, Member, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, participated in an International Conference organized by the Ombudsman of Azerbaijan on June 16-18, 2011.
- Nirbhay Sharma, Member, UPSC participated in a seminar on transparency in civil service through objective recruitment organized by the Civil Service Commission of Azerbaijan on June 24-25, 2011.
- A business delegation from Confederation of Indian Industries visitedBakuto participate in the Azerbaijan-India Business Forum on February 19-22, 2012.
- Ajay Maken, Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports of India visited Azerbaijan at the invitation of Azad Rahimov, the Minister of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan on June 25-30, 2012.
- Natig Aliyev, the Minister of Industry and Energy of the Republic of Azerbaijan participated in “International Seminar on Energy Access” at the invitation of the ministry of New and Renewable Energy of India on October 9-10, 2012 in New Delhi.
- Kapil Sibal, the Minister of Communications and Information Technology of India attended Meeting on November 6-9, 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. Kapil Sibal was received by Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- A business delegation from Confederation of Indian Industries visited Baku to participate in jointly organized Azerbaijan-India Business Forum by AZPROMO and National Confederation of Entrepreneurs on March 14, 2013.
- On April 4-5, 2013 Fikrat Mammadov, the Minister of Justice of Azerbaijan paid an official visit to India, had meetings with E.Ahamed, the Minister of State for External Affairs, S.Shinde, the Minister of Home Affairs and A.Kumar, the Minister of Law and Justice, signed 3 agreements. On April 8-9, 2013 Fikrat Mammadov as a Vice-president participated in Executive Committee meeting of International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities.
- Samir Sharifov, the Minister of Finance of Azerbaijan visited India on May 2-5, 2013 to participate in the 46th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Development Bank.
- On May 2-5, 2013 Elmar Mammadyarov, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan paid an official visit to India, had meetings with Mohammad Hamid Ansari, the Vice President of India and Salman Khurshid, the Minister of External Affairs of India and signed a Protocol on Cooperation between the Ministries.
- Parliamentary delegation of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha visited Baku to attend the 10th Annual Conference of Parliamentary Network on the World Bank and International Monetary Fund on May 24-25, 2013.
- Indian delegation led by Ravi Capoor, Joint Secretary MOC visited Baku to participate in the 5 th Coordination Council Meeting of International North-South Transport·Corridor (INSTC) on June 24-25, 2013.
- Parliamentary delegation of India visited Baku on 6-10 October 2013 as Observer to the Presidential elections in Azerbaijan at the invitation of the Association for Civil Society Development in Azerbaijan.
- On January 12-15, 2014 Natig Aliyev, the Minister of Energy of Azerbaijan participated in Petrotech 2014, XI International Oil and Gas Conference and Exhibition organized by ONGC Videsh Ltd, under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of India.
- Delegation led by Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs of Azerbaijan H.Huseynova participated in 6th International Women's Conference on February 7-9. 2014 in Bangalore.
- H. Baghirov, the Minister for Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan, co-chair of IGC conducted the Third Session of IGC on February 24-25, 2014 in New Delhi.
- Member of Union Public Service Commission of India Prof. David R. Syiemlieh participated in the International Conference on "Enhancing the efficiency of Civil Service through capacity building of Civil Servants" on September11-12, 2014, in Baku.
- A Member of Parliament, Dr. Ganira Pashayeva, a member of India-Azerbaijan Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group visited New Delhi on September 22-25, 2014 to participate in the 3rd International Symposium of Turkic Art, History and Folklore.
- M.Ahmad, National disaster management official, V.B.Soni, chairman of the Overseas Infrastructure Alliance, M.Ahmed, Aalami Urdu News Channel editor, K.Troati, researcher, Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts participated in the 4th International Humanitarian Forum on October 2-3, 2014 in Baku.
- Ambassador I. Hajiyev met S.Kumaran, head of the Eurasian Department of the Ministry of External Affairs of India, visit Minister of External Affairs of India to Azerbaijan, Friendship Group with Azerbaijan in Indian Parliament and other issues were discussed on April 13, 2015.
- Mr. Arun Jaitley, the Finance Minister visited Baku on May 4-5, 2015 to attend the 48th Annual General Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Azerbaijan-India Inter-Parliamentary Friendship Group is was established on December 5, 2000. The chairperson of the Group is Zeynab Khanlarova, Member of Milli Majlis (Parliament).
Azerbaijan and India Political Consultation:
- Khalaf Khalafov, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan participated in the first Political Consultations on March 12-17, 2007 in New Delhi.
- Sanjay Singh, Secretary East of the Ministry of External Affairs participated in the second Political Consultations on September 22-24, 2011.
- Ms. Sujata Mehta, Secretary (West) of the Ministry of External Affairs of India participated in the Political Consultations between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan and India on July 28, 2016.
Chronology of Session of IGC
- The first session of the IGC co-chaired by H.Baghirov, the Minister for Ecology & Natural Resources and J.Scindia, the Minister of State for Commerce & Industry was held on 26th November 2009 in New Delhi.
- The second session of the IGC co-chaired by H.Baghirov, the Minister for Ecology & Natural Resources and J.Scindia, the Minister of State for Commerce & Industry was held in Baku on April 16, 2012. Jyotiraditya Scindia was received by Ilham Aliyev, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- The third session of the IGC co-chaired by H.Baghirov, the Minister for Ecology & Natural Resources and S.Natchiappan, the Minister of State for Commerce & Industry was held in Baku on February 24-25, 2014.
- Due to illness of N.Sitharaman, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Mr.Sunil Kumar, Joint Secretary (CIS), Ministry of Commerce, Government of India participated in the 4th Session of Azerbaijan-India Inter-Government Comission (IGC) held on October 25-26, 2016.
Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and India was $ 305,04 mln in 2015.
- In March 2013, ONGC Videsh ltd acquired shares worth US$ 1 billion in development project of the Azeri-Chirag Gunashli (2.72%) oil field and the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipe line (2.36%) from US Company Hess.
- V.Chibber, the Head of Department of the Ministry of Road Transport, P.Dudeja Executive Director of the Ministry of Railways and N.Das Kundu researcher participated in International conference “Railway Line Baku-Tbilisi-Kars – New Opportunities for the Development of the Historic Silk Road” on October 15-16, 2014, in Baku.
- Azerbaijan State Oil Company signed a memorandum of understanding on gas exploration with GAIL India on November 3, 2014 to jointly pursue LNG opportunities through capacity booking, LNG procurement and promotion of LNG projects globally.
- A.Qasimov head of section, Ministry of Transportation participated in the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC) conference on June 12, 2015, in Mumbai.
- E. Assadov head of Section at the Department of Marketing and Tariffs of the Azerbaijani Railways LTD, F.Valiyev inspector at the Department of Customs Control of the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan participated in the 7th Expert Committee meeting on August 19-20, 2015 and 6th Coordinating Council meeting of International North-South Corridor Project (INSTC) on August 21, 2015, in New Delhi.
- The Government of Azerbaijan expressed its gratitude to the Government of İndia for the support of the candidature of Azerbaijan to the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for the term of 2017-2019 on June 14, 2016.
- F.Karimov and K.Akhundov - representatives of ADY Express LLC., E.Gulamov, Head of the Bilateral Customs Cooperation Section of the International Relations Department, State Customs Committee and G.Hajiyeva, Attache, Embassy of Azerbaijan to India participated in the International NSTC Conference, the meeting of the Customs Authorities of Azerbaijan, India, Iran and Russia on September 22-23, 2016, in Mumbai.
- I.Hajiyev had a presentation on developments in Azerbaijan and aggression by Armenia against Azerbaijan in an İnteractive Session on Business Opportunities with CIS countries held in Federation of Indian Export Organisations on October 19, 2016.
Cooperation in humanitarian field:
Joint Activities and Events:
- Indian Carnatic music traditional vocalist V.Badrinathan participated in International Mugham Festival in March 2009 and International Baku Jazz Festival in October 2009. She performed together with well-known Jazz group-Bakustic Jazz of Azerbaijan. July 3-12, 2009
- Dr. Nivedita Das Kundu participated in Diplomatic Academy (ADA) Baku Summer Energy School held by Azerbaijan
- A Hindi studies centre started functioning at the Azerbaijan University of Languages in October 2010.
- Indian music traditional vocalist I.Mukherci participated in International Mugham Festival in March 14-21, 2011, Baku.
- The 150th Birth Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore was celebrated in a seminar organized by the Nizami Institute of Literature on May 6, 2011, in Baku.
- The Embassy organized a presentation on Azerbaijan in Jamia Millia Islamia University on January 16, 2012.
- The Ensemble of Ancient Musical Instruments from Azerbaijan participated in the International Sufi Music Festival in Kolkata on February 2-5, 2012.
- The Embassy organized a presentation on Azerbaijan at the Institute of Management Technologies on February 15, 2012.
- The Embassy organized a competition on “What do I Know about Azerbaijan” on May 9, 2012 at Tagore International School to commemorate Birth Anniversary of the National Leader-Heydar Aliyev.
- On June 26 –July 2, 2012 at the invitation of Ministry of Youth and Sport of Azerbaijan 11 Indian youths visited Baku in the framework of the celebrations of the 20th Anniversary of Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between two countries.
- July 7-20, 2012 - Priti Vaishnav participated in ADA Baku Summer Energy School.
- S.M.Khan, Director General of Doordarshan Broadcasting Company, S.S. Mahdi, ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) vice-president and V.Badrinathan, Professor of Mumbai University participated in the 2nd International Humanitarian Forum on October 4-5, 2012 in Baku.
- Embassy of Azerbaijan participated in the International Conference “Revisiting the Silk Road – India and the Silk Road Regions, Cultural Connections, Current Challenges” held on November 5-7, 2012 at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- A conference, exhibition and cultural program dedicated to 870th birth Anniversary of Nizami Ganjavi, great Azerbaijani, oriental poet, thinker and philosopher was held on November 29-December 1, 2012 at Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
- An exhibition of paintings “Colors of Azerbaijan” by Ashraf Heybatov was organized jointly by Embassy of Azerbaijan and ICCR to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations between Azerbaijan and India on December 7-13, 2012 in New Delhi.
- Sumgait State Musical Drama Theatre participated in the 15th Bharat Rang Mahotsay (International Theater Festival) with a comedy “Monsieur Jordan and Dervish Mastaly Shah” on January 1-20, 2013 in New Delhi and Jaipur.
- The Embassy organized a presentation on Azerbaijan at Indian Islamic Cultural Centre on January 15, 2013.
- Musical quartet led by Sakina Ismayilova participated in the 3rd International Sufi Festival organized by ICCR on February 1-9, 2013 in Kolkata and New Delhi.
- The Embassy organized a presentation on Azerbaijan at IIMT Group of Colleges on February 19, 2013.
- Meeta Pandit, Indian classic musician, Raga singer participated in the International Mugham Festival held on March 11-19, 2013 in Baku.
- 20 Azerbaijani youths paid a reciprocal visit to India on March 20-27, 2013 in the framework of the Youth Cooperation Program of two countries.
- The Embassy organized a presentation on Azerbaijan at School of Language, Literature & Culture Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University on April 04, 2013.
- The Embassy organized a competition on “What do I Know about Azerbaijan” on May 1, 2013 at Modern School of Delhi to commemorate 90th Birth Anniversary of Heydar Aliyev, National Leader of Azerbaijan.
- Rakesh Ranjan, Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Culture of India, Arvind Alok, Chairman of Buddhist Monuments Development Council, Shaheen Javid, General Manager of Baha’i House of Worship, Molly Kaushal, Head of the Department of Oral Cultural Heritage Studies Division of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts participated in the 2nd World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue on May 29-June 1, 2013 in Baku.
- June 6-23, 2013 - Bora Kalyan and Jain Navnitt form ONGC Videsh Ltd participated in Baku Summer Energy School
- Priti Vaishnav, fellow of the Jawaharlal Nehru University participated in the visiting research fellowship program held by International Development Agency (AIDA) of the Ministry of Foreing Afairs of Azerbaijan in 2013.
- Husain Dalwai, the Member of Rajya Sabha visited Azərbaycan as an observer at the Presidential elections on October 9, 2013.
- Jalil Naghiyev, the Rector of the Asian University of Azerbaijan participated in the International Conference “Folklore: Reinventing Past through Folk Traditions” held by Centre of Russian Studies, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies of Jawaharlal Nehru University on October 23-25, 2013.
- Mohammad Ahmad Mallik, official of the Minsitry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of India participated in the training course jointly organized by AIDA and Scientific-Research Institute “Geotechnological Problems of Oil, Gas and Chemistry”on October 28-November 5, 2013.
- Former Ambassadors A.Sajjanhar and R.Dayakar, Director General of Doordarshan News S.M.Khan, Professor of Mumbai University, Indian classic music performer V.Badrinathan participated in the 3rd International Humanitarian Forum on October 31-November 1, 2013 in Baku.
- Agiya Nakhchivanly, Member of the Azerbaijani Parliament, Rector of the Azerbaijan Teachers’ Institute, Jafar Jafarov, Rector of Azerbaijan Tourism Institute. Tunzala Yusifova, Director of the Shamakhy Branch of Azerbaijan Teachers’ Institute participated in the 4th Annual Conference of the Eurasian Silk Road Universities Consortium on November 1-3, 2013.
- K.Aliyev, head of department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, N.Mikayilov, Chief Adviser of Safety Department of the Ministry of Transportation, S.Qochulu, head of department of the “Azeryolservis” Open Joint Stock Company participated in the Europe-Asia Road Safety forum on December 4-6, 2013 in Faridabad.
- Ambassador Ibrahim Hajiyev participated in the inauguration of Football Ground in Goa built by Society of Pilar under the aegis of Heydar Aliyev Foundation on December 22, 2013.
- Five performers from State Puppet Theatre of Azerbaijan participated in “Ishara” International Puppet Theatre Festival on February 24 – March 4, 2014 in India.
- The Embassy jointly with the Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management organized a competition on “What Do I Know about Azerbaijan” on May 8, 2014 at to commemorate Birth Anniversary of the National Leader-Heydar Aliyev.
- Rajendra Prasad Jakmala, official of ONGC Videsh Ltd. participated in the training course jointly organized by AIDA and Scientific-Research Institute of Azerbaijan State Oil Academy “Geotechnological Problems of Oil, Gas and Chemistry” on May 13-21, 2014.
- Nivedita Das Kundu, researcher participated in the “Visiting Research Fellowship Program” organized by Azerbaijan International Development Agency (AIDA) jointly with the leading think tanks of Azerbaijan in 2014.
- A concert group of 20 musicians and dancers from Sangeet Natak Akademi under the Ministry of Culture of India participated in 5th “Silk Road” International Music Festival on June 30-July 4, 2014 in Sheki, Azerbaijan.
- A.Huseynova students Admission Specialist from ADA University visited Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi Public School, Delhi University, Indian Foreign Service Institute and participated in "Access Masters in New Delhi" exhibition on October 27-30, 2014.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev participated in a conference on "Political and socio-economic processes in the countries of Eurasia" held in Nehru University on November 11, 2014.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev and researcher from the Institute of Philosophy and Law of the Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan E.Samedov participated in the international seminar "Caucasus region, a new era of globalization: challenges and new opportunities" held by Eurasia Research Center of Mumbai University on November 19-20, 2014.
- News Behind The News magazine published an article on the National Leader Heydar Aliyev on December 15, 2014.
- Embassy`s new publication - a book “Azerbaijan” was released in the Indian International Center on December 16, 2014.
- News Behind The News magazine published an article on the tragedy of January 20, January 12, 2015.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev participated in the Partnership Summit 2015 "A joint partnership in a new reality" held in Jaipur, capital of Rajasthan on January 14-18, 2015.
- The Embassy held a function at JBM Global School on the 20 January tragedy, January 15, 2015. Literature and DVDs were distributed among the participants.
- People's Artist of Azerbaijan Alim Qasımov and the honored Artist Fargane Qasımova participated in the a concert program at the Literary Festival "Jaipur" held in Jaipur on January 21, 2015.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev participated in the International Conference "Sufism in India and Central Asia" at Jamia Millia Islamia University on February 11, 2015, where he elaborated on Military aggression by Armenia against Azerbaijan, the Khojaly genocide perpetrated by Armenia.
- A delegation of Azerbaijani University of Arts and Culture participated in the 29th International Exhibition on February 1-15, 2015 in Faridabad, Haryana.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev participated in the conference "Central Asia and West Asia: Historical, Economic and Cultural Relations" held by Jamia Millia Islamia University on March 11-12, 2015.
- Ambassador I. Hajiyev met A. Kumar, member of the Rajya Sabha and former Minister of Justice on April 15, 2015 at the Embassy.
- Ambassador I. Hajiyev met S.Kumaran, head of the Eurasia Department the Ministry External Affairs of India to discuss visit of Minister of External Affairs of India to Azerbaijan, establishment of Friendship Group with Azerbaijan in Indian Parliament and other issues.
- An exhibition of paintings “Great Silk Road” by Azerbaijani painters was held on May 6-7, 2015 in New Delhi.
- The Embassy jointly with the Ryan International School, Suraj Bhan DAV Public School and Bloom Public School organized a competition to commemorate the 92nd Birth Anniversary of the National Leader Heydar Aliyev on May 8, 2015.
- An exhibition "Azerbaijan" dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of the Victory over Fascism in the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945) was held by the Embassy of Azerbaijan at the Russian Centre of Science and Culture on May 9, 2015.
- M.Kamal Kant, head of the Department the Ministry of Culture of India, T.Kishor Kumar, researcher of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts participated in the World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue on May 18-19, 2015 in Baku.
- Ambassador I. Hajiyev participated in a meeting organized by Raghuvir Shekhawat and public and political personalites, including the former President of India Pratibha Patil on May 20, 2015 to discuss establishment of Azerbaijan – India Friendship Group.
- "Business Central Asia" magazine published a Special Focus on the European Games in Baku on June 6, 2015.
- A.Hidayatov and L.Orujova, from Azerbaijani MFA participated in the training programme on “Development Partnership: Learning South-South Cooperation (LSSC)” under the ITEC Programme of the MEA India on November 16-27, 2015.
- The Azerbaijani film "23:55" was demonstrated at the 4th International Film Festival on 5-10 December, 2015 in Delhi.
- The India – Azerbaijan Friendship Association was launched on December 10, 2016 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Fariz Ismailzade and Rameshwar Kanwar vice rectors of ADA University visited India to explore opportunities for University-to-University ties and had meetings on December 20-22, 2014 at Foreign Service Institute of the Ministry of External Affairs of India, Delhi University, K.R. Mangalam University, Ansal University, Jamia Hamdard University.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev participated in the function at JBM Global School dedicated to the 20 January tragedy on January 19, 2016.
- I.Hajiyev participated in the International Conference “India and the Silk Road: Exploring Opportunities in Contemporary Geopolitical Realties” organized by Jamia Millia Islamia on February 17, 2016 and presented a paper on Military aggression by Armenia against Azerbaijan, the Khojaly genocide and on recent developments in Azerbaijan.
- In collaboration with the Embassy the newspaper "The Hindu", published an interview with I.Hassanov, music director of San Francisco musical festival since 2012, "Echoes from Azerbaijan" on March 10, 2016.
- Gatikrushna Mahanta, a researcher from the Jamia Millia Islamia participated in the “Visiting Research Fellowship Program” by Azerbaijan International Development Agency (AIDA) jointly with the leading think tanks of Azerbaijan in 2016.
- Diplomatic corpse held a charity event for betterment of the sanitary condition in New Delhi and the Embassy of Azerbaijan donated for the same 1800 Indian rupees on April 16-17, 2016.
- Ambassador I.Hajiyev attended the Valedictory Function of the 61st PCFD of the Foreign Service Institute where a diplomat from MFA of Azerbaijan Ms. N.Rustamzadeh was participating on May 6, 2016.
- The Embassy presented diplomas and souvenirs to the winners of essay competition "What do I know about Azerbaijan” Deep Public School to commemorate the 93th Birth Anniversary of the National Leader Heydar Aliyev on May 9, 2016.
- Nikita Singla, a student, International Affairs participated in the Visiting Research Fellowship Program by Azerbaijan International Development Agency (AIDA) and the leading think tanks of Azerbaijan in 2016.
- Mohd. Waseem Raja travelled to Azerbaijan as a winner of competition "What do I Know about Azerbaijan" held by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan on July 10-20, 2016.
- M.Ahmad, Retired Member, Medical Council of India, R.S.Shekhawat, Businessman, member of the Azerbaijani-Indian Friendship Association, Pr.Z.Rahman, Director Indian Islamic Cultural Centre, member of the Azerbaijani-Indian Friendship Association and V.Kataria, Former Lieutenant Governor, member of the Azerbaijani-Indian Friendship Association, participated in the V International Humanitarian Forum on September 29-30, 2016 in Baku.